In order to use HostMonitor (core of the package) your system must meet the following requirements:
Minimum system requirements
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2008 R2
Windows Server 2012 R2
Windows Server 2016
Windows XP Professional |
Windows 7 Professional
- Internet Explorer 6
- Free disk space: 25 MB (if you install HostMonitor only)
- Minimum screen resolution: 800 x 600
- Windows Server 2008 SP2, Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2016
- Internet Explorer 11
- Free disk space: 60 MB (for all components)
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768 or higher
Windows 2012 / Windows 8:
HostMonitor can run on Windows 8 Pro and Windows Server 2012 however we do not recommend these systems due to some problems in Windows API related to Event Logs.
- HostMonitor is 32-bit application, however it can be used on Windows x64 Edition running on x86-64 (AMD64) systems (not on Itanuim/IA-64).
E.g. you can start HostMonitor on Windows XP Professional x64 Edition or Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition.
- If you are using Windows x64 Edition and you want to setup ODBC Logging or ODBC test method, you should setup ODBC datasources using 32-bit
ODBC Data Source Administrator (e.g. C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe).
Remote Monitoring Agents have different system requirements as they are designed
for various platforms. You may check system requirements in the following sections: