Problems upgrading to 6.70 beta

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
lr

Problems upgrading to 6.70 beta

Post by lr »

I tried to update my v.6.24 Advanced Host Monitor to v.6.70 beta and it would not recognize my registration name and ID after the upgrade even though I re-entered it and restarted the program. All of my saved tests started failing saying there was a license violation. When I re-installed my previous version 6.24 my license was again recognized but my test file would no longer function with that older version. What a mess!

My license is for lifetime upgrades so I don't know why I had this problem upgrading versions, but I do not want to try this again until I hear your reply.

Also, my main reason for upgrading versions was to get the new DICOM test. But I gather that the RMA does not yet support the DICOM test at remote sites. Is that right?

Thank you.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

My license is for lifetime upgrades so I don't know why I had this problem upgrading versions, but I do not want to try this again until I hear your reply
Sometimes HostMonitor requires new registration codes. You may verify that before actual upgrade using menu Help->Update check. Also you may use "update check" option located on Misc page in the Options dialog (this option is enabled by default).
If you need new codes, please send request to sales@ks-soft.net. Provide your registration name and/or order number.
Also, my main reason for upgrading versions was to get the new DICOM test. But I gather that the RMA does not yet support the DICOM test at remote sites. Is that right?
Correct. RMA does not support this test method yet.

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft Europe

Re: Problems upgrading to 6.70 beta

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

lr wrote:IAlso, my main reason for upgrading versions was to get the new DICOM test. But I gather that the RMA does not yet support the DICOM test at remote sites. Is that right?
You may use DiCOM test utility with RMA: http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/vi ... om+utility
This is command line utility that can be used with Shell Script test method
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... m#chkShell

Regards,
Max
Peter

license problem after update

Post by Peter »

Hello, i have the same problem. After Upgrading to 6.72 my license has not been accepted. Then changed to the old version and it worked again.
Regards
Peter
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

The same problem - the same answer:
If you own LifeTime license, please send request with your registration name and/or order number to sales@ks-soft.net
Otherwise you may purchase new version with 50% discount: http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/regmon.htm#upgrades

As I said above: Sometimes HostMonitor requires new registration codes. You may verify that before actual upgrade using menu Help->Update check. Also you may use "update check" option located on Misc page in the Options dialog (this option is enabled by default).

Regards
Alex