SLA report with Chart

Exchange HTML report templates between users.
pspencer008

SLA report with Chart

Post by pspencer008 »

Hey,

I have a SLA With charts report that gets emailed (the report is displayed in the email, so using the includefile option) but when it's received the report just shows an image placeholders (space where chart should be but with a white box and a red X).

Is this because I am placing the report in the body of the email rather than as an attachment?

EDIT: I have tried to attach the report to the email rather than include it in the body of the email and the images are still missing from the htm report.

Thanks

Paul
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Thats because you have to attach images as well.
Usually its much better to send just link to such report and access report using web browser (access report using Web Service or any 3rd party web server)

Regards
Alex
pspencer008

Post by pspencer008 »

The trouble is the server running HostMonitor has a firewall between it and the end user.

How would I attach the images?

Thanks

Paul
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

>The trouble is the server running HostMonitor has a firewall between it and the end user.

and you cannot enable HTTP traffic?

>How would I attach the images?

Send e-mail action offers "attach file" option but I think you need to attach 100 files, not just 1. I would suggest to zip entire report and attach archive.

Regards
Alex
pspencer008

Post by pspencer008 »

Enabiling HTTP would be great but it's in another DC accessed only by a VPN so it would be a bit hard, doable but.....

As for can I automatically zip the report or would I have to be creative and use a few tests to run winzip etc?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

There is "Execute external program" action.
If you send this report by schedule, use different time for these action profiles. E.g.
09:00 - generate reports + Execute external program
09:02 - send e-mail (different action profile)

If some test starts these actions, use different "Star when" option for actions (1 alert profile, 3 actions)

Regards
Alex