**Fixed** Report showing tests from multiple folders

Exchange HTML report templates between users.
Kren

**Fixed** Report showing tests from multiple folders

Post by Kren »

Morning all

Ok, in my Hostmonitor set up, I have folders for each specific site, with each physical location having a folder, and then tests below.

root
.....North office
............Ping test, router
............Ping test, file server
............Ping test, DNS server
............Ping test, SQL server
......South office
............Ping test, router
............Ping test, file server
............Ping test, DNS server
............Ping test, SQL server
etc

What I would like to do is get a report that can sumarise uptime/downtime, but for specific areas - one report to show how my DNS servers are running, one for SQL, one to show me just how the routers for each site etc etc

Using the report manager, I can only see a way to include all the tests in a folder, and not to span over multiple folders.

Does anyone know if this is possible, without making a "DNS servers" folder and replicating the tests, then reporting on that? (which seems a bit kludgy, and will be slow to set up for all the different types of reports)
Last edited by Kren on Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You may create Views and assign some reports to Views
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... #ViewsList

Regards
Alex
Kren

Post by Kren »

Thanks very much Alex

I renamed some of my tests to add in a overall system name, and then made a view that searched for that system name.

I also then made a few "consolidated tests" that have the sub parts as their masters, and set synchronised counters on them, so they show as down if any part of them is down, and then set a view to report on them.

Last of all, I assigned a report set to auto-generate once a day showing the data for the last 30 days on these consolidated reports.

Now my IT director has a high level summary showing the overall health of the estate on a rolling basis.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You are welcome :)