hangs when started as a service

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
stladmin

Post by stladmin »

host monitor does not work when started as a service. in the services window (not the options within host monitor, the windows one) i have it set to automatically startup. this causes the computer to hang when anyone tries to login. if i set it to manual, then it works, and host monitor itself works fine. what should i do?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

H'm, interesting. What Windows do you use? What version of HM do you use?
Try to set "Startup delay" option to 1-2 min (option located on Service page in the Options dialog).

Regards
Alex
stladmin

Post by stladmin »

i am useing windows 2000 server edition and hm v3.68. i tried setting the wait to 2, and it works, but the first time i tried it, it gave me an error saying that "one or more services have failed." i checked the event viewer and it said that Advanced Host Moniter hung on startup, even though it worked. it seems to run alright, but it cannot generate reports; it just gives an error.
simonl

Post by simonl »

Hi Alex,

I have similar problem. When I reboot my monitoring server I got system massage on screen and on event viewer "The Advanced Host Monitor service hung on starting." I enabled restart service if it's failed to start at first time but this is not an option.
I have windows 2000 server sp2 and Host monitor running as service version 3.69d.

Thank you for your advice.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: simonl on 2003-06-27 07:26 ]</font>
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

See the following post: http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/vi ... 31&forum=5

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Marcus on 2003-06-27 09:52 ]</font>