pls help me out here

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
forke

pls help me out here

Post by forke »

i need help on this one, just about a half an hour ago hostmonitor crashed; i restarted the service but the hml-file was corrupt

Hostmonitor was able to recover some tests out of the file but i lost about 30% of the tests

but the problem now is hostmonitor is doing nothing anymore :(

when i want to refresh a test nothing happens anymore
when i enable a new test, it takes very long time and after that it goes to the not tested mode
only disabling a test goes like it should
forke

Post by forke »

okay apparently hostmonitor went in some sort of safe mode and you had to start the monitoring again :oops:

too bad only i lost some tests

i think it would be a good idea to implement a feature in hostmonitor called autobackup were it is possible to automate for example on regular schedule a backup to a file name.hml.bak

in that case when hostmonitor crashes while saving the normal hml-file you still have the bak-file
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

If HostMonitor does not perform any test after reboot, you may click "Start" button (located on toolbar) or restore default setting for "Start/Stop" option (located on "Startup" page in the Options dialog).

Yes, I think we implement such option in future versions.

How it crashed? Looks like it crashed while you shutdown or reboot system (or HostMonitor)?
What Windows do you use? Service pack? What version of HostMonitor do you use?

Regards
Alex
forke

Post by forke »

Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition
no service packs

Hostmonitor 5.12

I refreshed a simple TCP-test but Hostmonitor hanged on it, i gave it about 5 minutes and then restarted the service.

But the HML-file was corrupted. Anyway i'm glad i didn't loose it all.
Marcus

Post by Marcus »

There is no problem in copying your .hml and .lst files, even if HostMonitor is running.

We use a simple copy script to create a copy of our configuration (every night).
forke

Post by forke »

we're doing this also since it happened