More questions

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Quantum

More questions

Post by Quantum »

1. Is there a way to monitor that ammount of memory used by a process? This needs to be via RMA and direct.

2. Purchased my Hostmon Enterprise license today :D how long will it take for the license key to arrive ?

Thanks

-Q
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

. Is there a way to monitor that ammount of memory used by a process? This needs to be via RMA and direct.
Use Performance Counter test (counter should look like "\Process(explorer)\Virtual Bytes")
Purchased my Hostmon Enterprise license today how long will it take for the license key to arrive ?
Depends on payment method. If you used credit card, probably you already received license.

Regards
Alex
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Use Performance Counter test (counter should look like "\Process(explorer)\Virtual Bytes")

This seemed to work at first however I am finding that this value is massivley inacurate.

Example: mytask.exe is listed in taskmanager as using 460 MB of RAM however the return from \Process(mytask)\Virtual Bytes showes that it is using over 1GB !!

Have you ever seen this ? Is there a perf mon value for the memory usage that is displayed in Taskmanager ?

To prove my point I have just compaired the taskmanager memory for explorer.exe on my desktop.

Taskmanager=17,280K
Perfmon \Process(explorer)\Virtual Bytes = 95,978,048 bytes

Any ideas how I can get a more acurate reading ??!

Thanks

-Q
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Looks like:
- "VM Size" field (Task Manager) displays value of \Process(process_name)\Page File Bytes counter
- Mem Usage" field (Task Manager) displays value of \Process(process_name)\Working Set counter

Regards
Alex
Quantum

Post by Quantum »

Thanks you are a star !!

-Q