How to send an email at a specified time once a week.

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
nstylin

How to send an email at a specified time once a week.

Post by nstylin »

I would like to know how I can send an email at a specified time for a specific test. This is so I can send a weekly email of the statistics for that test.

At the moment I have the Alert Profile setup in the following way.

Bad Actions:
* Send an email when host goes offline (standard mode)

Good Actions:
* Send an email when host is back online (standard mode)
* Send an email (on the schedule), use a time restriction e.g. Friday 5pm, Repeat 1 time

This is working for when the host is going online/offline, but does not send the weekly email.

Help appreciated
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Send an email (on the schedule), use a time restriction e.g. Friday 5pm, Repeat 1 time
This is working for when the host is going online/offline, but does not send the weekly email.
"on the schedule" actions can be started by Scheduler.
If you want to start action at test execution time, you should:
- change action mode back to "standard" mode
- change Repeat option to "until status changes"
- set "Start when 1 consecutive good result occurs" option
- do not unmark "time restriction option; allowed time interval in the schedule should be equivalent to test interval. E.g. if you perform this test every 5 min, allowed time interval should be 5:00pm - 5:05pm
- if you want to receive this mail when status of the test good or bad, add the same "bad" action

On the other hand if you want to send this mail with information about single (or several specific) test, use Scheduler http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... #SchedPage
- use "on the schedule" mode for the action
- assign mail template with variables that directly point to the test
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... #specmacro

On the 3rd(?) hard if you want to receive information about every test, use Scheduler and profile with 2 actions:
- Generate report
- Send E-Mail

Regards
Alex
nstylin

Post by nstylin »

thanx Alex your first solution was exactly what I was after.