KS 4.47 Hangs

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Moose

KS 4.47 Hangs

Post by Moose »

Alex,

We've been using KS for a few months and things are generally excellent.

Our issue is that since using v 4.47, the application is been subject to frequent freezes.

What happens is this: We'll be performing some action in the program (it will not hang on its own), and the window will say 'Not Responding'. However, if you wait anywhere from 10-30 seconds, it gets freed up and comes back to normal, and we can work again for a while.

In the Application Log, I get: Event ID 1002, Application Hang. Hanging application Hostmon.exe, version 0.0.0.0, hang module hung app, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Server Specs: Win2K3, 1.3GHz processor, GB RAM. Server is fully patched.

We have about 950 tests set up.

I know we could just revert to 4.42, but it would be helpful to know what's going on.

Thanks.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

What happens is this: We'll be performing some action in the program (it will not hang on its own), and the window will say 'Not Responding'
Not sure I understand you correctly.
Some actions... What exactly action?
"window will say 'Not Responding'"... What window? Some popup window?
Probably screen shot can help me understand the problem. Could you send screen shot to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards
Alex