count files file age problem

When you post information about some problem, please include the following details: - OS version (e.g. Windows 2000 Professional SP3); HostMonitor version; problem description.
Pablo Rönnebarth

count files file age problem

Post by Pablo Rönnebarth »

hi!
i have a count files test:
-count files newer than 1440 min. (1 day)
-alert when...: 0 files
-reverse alert is checked
-HM is able to access those files on an UNC path (when i click on the folder icon on the right side of the path entry it shows me the contents of that folder)
-windows server 2003 R2
-HM 9.50

my problem:
-i check some backup files that are on a UNC path
-the backup runs, files get created with the right date/time
-however the HM test is BAD
-and the reply is always 0?
--how can that be if HM can see the content of that folder/UNC path?

i have ~50 other count file tests which work perfectly with the same configuration, some of them on UNC paths

any idea what could cause this behaviour or how to narrow it down?
if it is a permission problem where is that logged?

thanks
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

It is not permission problem, otherwise, you would get Unknown status.

Try the following:
setup "Folder/File availability" test for the file that should be detected by "Count Files" test, enable "Tune up Reply value" option with the following expression:
%FileName% (%FileTime%)
Refresh both test items.
It "Folder/File availability" returns correct file date/time, please send screenshotw with both test settings and test replies + some screens of folder with files on target system to support@ks-soft.net
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

-HM is able to access those files on an UNC path (when i click on the folder icon on the right side of the path entry it shows me the contents of that folder)
Are you using HostMonitor GUI to setup test and choose folder or RCC GUI (while HostMonitor is started on different system or started as service)?
i have ~50 other count file tests which work perfectly with the same configuration, some of them on UNC paths
Any other file-related tests check the same target server?

Regards
Alex