Hostmon Running As Service Can't Check With AD Credentials

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
mackdav

Hostmon Running As Service Can't Check With AD Credentials

Post by mackdav »

(Last one today, promise)

I recently did the upgrade to -current (I have 9.18 now). During the upgrade I figured out that the reason why my Hostmon stopped running as a service was because it was configured to log on as The Domain Administrator, and a recent password change was not propagated to that service logon. So I have created a new Domain Admin logon just for Hostmon. Now, Hostmon runs as a service.

However, if I do push Hostmon back into running as a service and log out of the desktop session that was running Hostmon, all of the tests that require a Windows credential login (ie, local administrator for either Perfmon indexes or disk space) all fail because it can't log in to the target system.

Returning to running Hostmon as a desktop application and the tests all go green again.

Why do my tests fail when Hostmon is running as a service?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

What Windows do you use?
Normally you should start service using local system account (Windows Services applet) but you should provide local admin account using HostMonitor options located on Service page in HostMonitor Options dialog (when you install HostMonitor service, it asks you to provide this account)

Plus you should specify accounts necessary for tests using Connection Manager
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... htm#conmgr

Regards
Alex