help

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
leo1631

help

Post by leo1631 »

hi!
I can't find a way to do this,help me please:
At the first hour when both of two ping tests are bad, I think it ok and only send alarm. If this lasts for more time, I think it bad and begin to statistac bad time.
I made a new test depends on those two ping tests dead, but when using "normal status" for first hour ,"suggestedstatus" do not work correctly.

thanks
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

At the first hour when both of two ping tests are bad, I think it ok and only send alarm. If this lasts for more time, I think it bad and begin to statistac bad time.
Not sure I understand you.
Do you want to see Bad status when host does not respond and start Bad actions but calculate statistics like test has "Ok" status?? This is impossible

Regards
Alex
leo1631

sorry for my poor English

Post by leo1631 »

there are two hosts. what I want is:
when HM found that both two hosts do not respond , at the first hour, I want to see "ok" or "normal" status. if these two hosts do not respond over 1 hour, I want to see bad status. statistics just the same as status above.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You may use "Use Normal status" option and %FailureIteration% variable in expression. E.g. if test is performed every 3 minutes, you may use expression like %FailureIteration%<20

Question is: what status do you want to set when just 1 of these 2 hosts does not respond?

Regards
Alex
leo1631

Post by leo1631 »

KS-Soft wrote:Question is: what status do you want to set when just 1 of these 2 hosts does not respond?
I think everything is ok.
KS-Soft wrote:You may use "Use Normal status" option and %FailureIteration% variable in expression. E.g. if test is performed every 3 minutes, you may use expression like %FailureIteration%<20
I create a new test which ping a ip address doesn't exist (127.0.0.0) ,depends on those two hosts "dead" status, "Use Normal status" and "%FailureIteration%<20". It seems alright at first, but when this new test's status changes from bad to ok, "%FailureIteration%"variable doesn't reset. Then when both of two hosts do not response again, "Use Normal status" and "%FailureIteration%<20" do not work correctly.
How should I do?
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Question is: what status do you want to set when just 1 of these 2 hosts does not respond?
Probably you don't need 3rd dependant test at all?

Regards
Alex
leo1631

Post by leo1631 »

KS-Soft wrote:Question is: what status do you want to set when just 1 of these 2 hosts does not respond?
Probably you don't need 3rd dependant test at all?

Regards
Alex
I want to set "ok" status. and I need to calculate statistics every month.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Then I think you may accomplish this without using additional dependant test item.
E.g. if you have TestA and TestB then you may use the following expressions:

TestA) Use Normal status if ('%SuggestedSimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (('%FailureIteration%'<20) or ('%::TestB::FailureIteration%'<20))

TestB) ('%SuggestedSimpleStatus%'=='DOWN') and (('%FailureIteration%'<20) or ('%::TestA::FailureIteration%'<20))

Note: you may need to change 20 to some other number depending on test execution frequency

Regards
Alex
leo1631

Post by leo1631 »

perfect!
thank you very much!
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You are welcome

Regards
Alex