User profiles and rights problem.

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
fve

User profiles and rights problem.

Post by fve »

The function "Edit GUI options..." dosent work for me.
I create a user and assign only this role, but the user cant change the GUI. We got the no right box when trying.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Could you please explain what exactly means "does not work"?
Does RCC/HostMonitor display some error message when you click on "GUI preferences" menu item? What exactly error do you see? "HostMonitor response: No Rights"?

As we see everything works fine.

Regards
Alex
fve

Post by fve »

Hello

One user want to change the "color scheme"(User -> GUI) and therefore I give this user a right to do this, for only this account!. This is the only rights this user have!!!
The user is not a real user, it is a monitor in a room just to watch, nothing else! Therefore the manager will try some different color for the viewing therefor I made this dummy user.

But when they try to change the color they got a deny message to this. It will say they have not the right level to make the change.

Another user with admin right's can without problem change the color.

Hope this is a better explanation.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

In order to change color scheme you need to have "manage color profiles" permission.

Regards
Alex