Asterisks and Macros in Filenames

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
sabine

Asterisks and Macros in Filenames

Post by sabine »

Hi,

As specified in the online manual, i want to use date macros in a filename for File Availability Test performed by Hostmon 6.80, but i need to use asterisks too. I look for filenames like:

Code: Select all

df20070509002346.txt
I tried to use these strings:

Code: Select all

df%yyyymmdd%*.xml, df%yyyymmdd%* and df%yyyymmdd%
but they didn't work.

How can I perform this test with date macros and asterisk?

Regards
sabine
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Sorry, cannot reproduce the problem. "File Availability" test method works fine for the file "C:\temp\df20070509002346.txt" with "C:\temp\df%yyyymmdd%*" template. What exact status do you get? Bad? Unknown?
Have you enabled "Translate macros" option?
What exact alert option have you enabled: "Alert when file exists" or "Alert when file doesn't exist"?

Regards,
Max
sabine

Post by sabine »

Hi Max,

I've enabled Alert when file exists but I get always an Ok status, even when I insert a testfile.

Translate macros is enabled.

When I insert an asterisk after the date macro no files where displayed when I browse through the directory. When i just replace a part of the filename with asterisk or macro it works.

Regards
sabine
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

sabine wrote:When I insert an asterisk after the date macro no files where displayed when I browse through the directory. When i just replace a part of the filename with asterisk or macro it works.
Asterisk does not affect the browse dialog, but HostMonitor uses it to resolve file name.

Could you provide more information, please?
- What version of HostMonitor do you use?
- Is test performed by RMA or by HostMonitor itself?
- Is test performed by RMA for Windows or for Unix?

Could you export that particular test (using menu "File" > "Export to text file" > "Export selected test") and send it to support@ks-soft.net?

Regards,
Max
sabine

Post by sabine »

Hi Max,

sorry for bothering you, but I don't know why but after approximately 20 tests it got true results with the same configurations as before (df%yyyymmdd%*).

thanks and best regards
sabine
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

sabine wrote:sorry for bothering you, but I don't know why but after approximately 20 tests it got true results with the same configurations as before (df%yyyymmdd%*).
Hm. Strange. Please, let me know if it happens again.

Regards,
Max