KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

File Compare with URL

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smckenna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:11 pm    Post subject: File Compare with URL Reply with quote

I have gone through HTTP, URL, and File Compare fairly thoroughly, and think this is probably for the wish list.

What I want is to be able to download a zip file from a website, compare it to one I already have, and if they are different run a batch file to take action and distribute its files. (And yes, eventually have the RMA do this /grin)

You have the each component, I just could not find a way to consolidate them. The URL test does not leave a trace of the downloaded zip file.

What I want is a bit beyond the scope of the program, but here is a more inline scenario: Comparing the contents of one URL test to another can be useful. A common hack is to redirect where a web server pulls its files from. If a hacker added an obscene comment to a modified web page in a new file location, I did not see a way to detect it.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, we plan to implement new test that will be able to copare files/directories on local drive and on FTP/Web site

Regards
Alex
evan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2003 6:17 pm    Post subject: Its Now September. What @ FTP compare files/directory Reply with quote

This was the response in April.

Yes, we plan to implement new test that will be able to copare files/directories on local drive and on FTP/Web site

Is this implemented anywhere. Thanks.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>This was the response in April.

Actually in August

>Is this implemented anywhere.

Sorry, not yet

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: