KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Printer Status and Printer Level test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jordydk

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 8:20 am    Post subject: Printer Status and Printer Level test Reply with quote

I have the following question.

I would like to read the percentage of the toners and when a waste toner is full.

Currently in use, the "Printer Levels" test for the percentage of toner is used, which allows me to easily set when the toner is only 1%, that it will be replaced.

(I immediately have to ask, when I set this value to 0%, does this mean that when the toner is REALLY EMPTY, does it give a message or does 0% mean that there is no value? )

But now I also want to read the Waste Toner and we use Canon.

Unfortunately, there is no percentage in the Canon portal, but the message is "nearly full".

When I use "Printer Status" in the test, I get the reply "toner is low (black). Waste toner needs to be checked".

This message is good, but I would like to only receive the Waste Toner message during the "Printer Status" test instead of the normal toner and the waste toner.

The reason is because it does not indicate a percentage for normal toner and this value is included in the "Printer Levels" test.

Thanks for contributing ideas.

Regards.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2024 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HostMonitor cannot ignore some specific messages/alerts. It can ignore some sort of messages, like almost full and almost empty warnings.

Regards
Alex
jordydk

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I want is that in the "Printer Status" the toner is low (black) message is behind the "waste toner needs to be checked" message.

Because when I use the fbad.htm page the message is only "toner is low", but not the "waste toner" and that is the message what I need.

KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may increase Reply field length: add MaxReplyChars=50 line into [HTML] section of webservice.ini file and restart Web Service

Regards
Alex
jordydk

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the quick respons, but is there a way to filter out the normal toner in the "Printer Status" test?

Because I use the "Printer Levels" test for the percentage of the toners.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2024 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HostMonitor cannot ignore some specific messages/alerts. It can ignore some sort of messages, like almost full and almost empty warnings.

You may use Optional status processing expressions like
Tune up Reply value [replace("%SuggestedReply%","toner is low (black).","")]

https://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#usrstatusprocessing

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: