KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Installing RMA on SUSE 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BoschmanIT

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject: Installing RMA on SUSE 15 Reply with quote

Hi guys,

Today i've been trying to install the Linux Active RMA 5.02 x64 onto my SUSE 15 installation. But I struggle a bit with it. I'm a bit unknown to linux (probably the problem) but when I follow the installation manual I run into trouble. From the GUI clicking on the rma_active_x gives me an error, "There is no application installed for "executable" files. Do you want to search for an application to open this file?" But the search results into nothing. I think my installation is missing the runtimes for this type of application?

Anyone got a clue?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What CPU is used?

There are 100 different versions of GUI on UNIX systems, its more easy to use console. Could you start terminal and execute the following command
ls -l rma_active*
does it show something like -rw-rw-rw in first column?
or -rwxrwxrwx?

In first case run the following command
cmod a+x rma_active*

Regards
Alex
BoschmanIT

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh so its a permission problem. Your commands fixed it indeed and now it working. I might have some other questions in the near future regarding the RMA and linux.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: