KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Problem with Network Discovery

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:34 am    Post subject: Problem with Network Discovery Reply with quote

Hi,
I have set up a network-scan and have selected an RMA and a subnet range.
The search seems to find most things in the network, and lots of devices pops up in the Network map, but when I right-click a device and then on system Info, I get almost no information at all.

My guess is that there is some problem with account logins, since the system Info popup says "No accounts specified". Not sure where I can specify this account other than directly on a device but the same account should work for all machines.
The RMA runs using a domain admin account and all of the windows computers in the network are joined so I assume that the RMA should be able to access all those machines and retrieve information.
Isn´t the service account sufficiently to access the machines?

The same RMA is already setup to do monitoring which works fine.

Thanks in advance,
//Andreas..
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

network-scan parameters? SNMP, RPC, WMI checks enabled?
RMA version? HostMonitor version?

What exactly "machines"? Windows? Linux? BSD? AIX? some routers or printers?
What protocols enabled on "machines"? WMI? SNMP?

Regards
Alex
mrw

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have enabled all checkboxes in the params window and left everything as default.
RMA and Hostmon version is the latest. Updated last week.

I am only really interested in discovering Windows computers. And all of those are joined in the local AD.
So we are ofc talking about WMI and other default enabled Windows protocols.

//Andreas..
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Version 12.26?

Yes, for WMI you should specify account. System Info window allows to set account information.
Also, if there are some tests for the host with specified account then HostMonitor/RMA can use this account.

In some cases its possible to get information using current domain account, may be we will modify RMA code a little bit..

Regards
Alex
mrw

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So the windows account should be specified within a device? I mean from the Network map->Select a windows device->Right click and select System info?
When I enter any account information it seems that it only tries snmp, which I don´t want to use. and also it doesn´t save my account info that I enter if I exit the device and enter it again.

And I am pretty sure that my windows domain account have full access, but all "tests" on the leftmost column of the Accounts tab goes red and just prints errors. One of these error messages is "No Data(XP) is not a valid integer value".

I would like to know how I´m supposed to set a windows domain account that is the account used for all the WMI/RPC tests in the discovery, if possible?

I´m thinking I´m doing this the wrong way..
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and also it doesn´t save my account info that I enter if I exit the device and enter it again

Did you click on "Set account to network dbase" button?
If not, then it should not save anything.

Quote:
I would like to know how I´m supposed to set a windows domain account that is the account used for all the WMI/RPC tests in the discovery, if possible?

There is Connection Manager, there is "Set account to network dbase" button

Also if you contact support (by mail), we can provide RMA update for you

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: