KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA:301 – Access is denied, but only for Service Test.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hd@miralix.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:28 am    Post subject: RMA:301 – Access is denied, but only for Service Test. Reply with quote

Hi.

I’m having a bit of trouble and I hope someone here can help.

I'm experiencing problems using the ”Service” Test method on a remote Target.

The setup:
Active RMA is installed on a machine and working fine, I have test running fine for stuff like diskspace and CPU usage and Service test.

The problem only arises when I want to use the RMA to test servers on the network connected to the RMA Server.

I create a new test, selecting the Test method “Service”. In the “target host” field I specify the target IP (I have tried DNS names as well), “Alert when” is set to “service not started”. I mark the “Connect as” and put in the user information.

The problem is that I get a RMA:301 – Access is denied returned.

At first glance this appears to be a problem white the user login information. But the Security Audit log shows the login as successful, in contrast, if I type the password wrong I get am Login Failure. So the login is not the problem.
The user is full Admin, I have loged in on the server using the account and tested that it does indeed have Admin rights.

The user works fine for any other test method I have tried CPU usage, free disk space, free memory or Process – No problem. But as soon as I select Service. - RMA:301 – Access is denied
I tried disabling UAC, no change.
I tried disabling Firewall, no change.
The server is non-domain joined so it is a local user, I have tried using all the different ways of typing the login that I could think of (host\user, user, user@host, localhost\user, \user). No change.

I tried using the build-in administrator account, and it worked.
I tested this on two other server and it was the same, I can make the service tests function fine if I use the build-in administrator account, but not if I use any other user. Any other test works fine on the service account as well. Once again only Service test failes.
I can’t find anything in the manual about what level of privilege a user needs to do the Service test, but I have made sure that the new users I have tested white have the same group memberships as the Administrator account.

Can anyone be of help here?

-Leonard Larsen
Miralix A/S
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Windows do you use on RMA and target system?
Service Pack?

Quote:
The server is non-domain joined

Non-domain system? Then I think you have only 2 options
- use built-in admin
- try to set registry value HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Policies\system\LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy = 1

Quote:
I tried disabling UAC, no change.
The user is full Admin

On new Windows systems UAC always on, this means admin accounts do not really have full admin rights.

Regards
Alex
hd@miralix.com

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex.

Thanks for the reply.

I have tested, and you are right, it dose seem to be UAC remote restrictions causing my problems. I did not know that Windows treated the Build-in administrator different in this regard – The more you know.

Thanks.

-Leonard
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: