KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Tune up Reply Syntax using getnumber

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seelye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:31 pm    Post subject: Tune up Reply Syntax using getnumber Reply with quote

As part of a larger if/then/else setup I'm trying to get the numeric value from a the previous result of this test and subtract that from the most recent result

The background. I'm taking a numeric value from an SNMP GET of the UpTime Counter and doing a Tune up of the value to present the original TimeTicks along with a more human readable values. So my %Reply% after the Tune UP actually looks more like this

Ticks: 52154 | Seconds: 521 | Minutes: 8 | Hours: 0 since last reboot

The above is easy. I've got that part.

However I want the UPTIME test to tell me when a device rebooted.

So I'm started with this:

['%Reply%' getnumber 1]

This is perfect I get the 52154 back. Remember %Reply% when used in Tune up, is the previous test cycle Reply, which is exactly what I want!

However I cannot seem to do anything else with that extracted number. When I try the following variations I get a 'Error in Expression'

[%SuggestedReply% - '%Reply%' getnumber 1]
[%SuggestedReply% - ['%Reply%' getnumber 1]]
[%SuggestedReply% - ('%Reply%' getnumber 1)]

I'm looking for the difference between the numbers and if it's less than Zero, I can confident the device rebooted. Granted this won't catch all device reboots but most and will work for my purposes.

I just cannot seem to determine the correct syntax. Can you help?

Ultimately I'll be using something like this: Bold being where I cannot get it to work

if ([%SuggestedReply% - '%Reply%' getnumber 1] < 0) Ticks: [%SuggestedReply%] | Seconds: [%SuggestedReply% div 100] | Minutes: [%SuggestedReply% div 6000] | Hours: [%SuggestedReply% div 360000] **REBOOTED**; else Ticks: [%SuggestedReply%] | Seconds: [%SuggestedReply% div 100] | Minutes: [%SuggestedReply% div 6000] | Hours: [%SuggestedReply% div 360000] since last reboot;

Alternatively, if I could do math in a Mail Template, I may be able to move all of this logic to the Mail Template, but the last I knew I couldn't do this kind of math in a Mail Template body.

Also, I found that the following from your documentation examples does NOT work

('wordA wordB 21.10,15.00' getnumber 2) NOTE the wrapping in parenthesis. it appears it really needs square bracks [ ] However that example with parenthesis was taken directly from the HTML Help documentation for HM in the Tune Up section. You may want to fix that
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if ('%SuggestedReply%' < ('%Reply%' getnumber 1)) Ticks: [%SuggestedReply%] | Seconds: [%SuggestedReply% div 100] | Minutes: [%SuggestedReply% div 6000] | Hours: [%SuggestedReply% div 360000] **REBOOTED**; else Ticks: [%SuggestedReply%] | Seconds: [%SuggestedReply% div 100] | Minutes: [%SuggestedReply% div 6000] | Hours: [%SuggestedReply% div 360000] since last reboot;

You don't need [] for if statement, just to set Reply value

Regards
Alex
seelye

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worked perfectly! I just couldn't see the forest!!! Thank you. HM is a wonderful thing!

And for the sake of anyone else reading this in the future, below is the final tune-up I used. It makes it very readable in the alert we send out: This all assume %SuggestedReply% div 100 = seconds. If your time counter is a different ratio then adjust accordingly.

if ('%SuggestedReply%' < ('%Reply%' getnumber 1)) [%SuggestedReply%] Ticks | [%SuggestedReply% div 8640000] Days, [(%SuggestedReply% mod 8640000) div 360000] Hours, [(%SuggestedReply% mod 360000) div 6000] Minutes, [(%SuggestedReply% mod 6000) div 100] seconds **REBOOTED**; else [%SuggestedReply%] Ticks | [%SuggestedReply% div 8640000] Days, [(%SuggestedReply% mod 8640000) div 360000] Hours, [(%SuggestedReply% mod 360000) div 6000] Minutes, [(%SuggestedReply% mod 6000) div 100] Seconds since last reboot;

Lots of math but the replies look like this:

151099 Ticks | 0 Days, 0 Hours, 25 Minutes, 10 Seconds since last reboot
or
494 Ticks | 0 Days, 0 Hours, 0 Minutes, 4 seconds **REBOOTED**

I then look for **REBOOTED** in %Reply in my custom send mail action.

Working well thus far.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: