Test shows false Normal

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
BW1

Test shows false Normal

Post by BW1 »

I have a WMI test I've used in multiple instances in our environment that queries MessagesInQueue for an MSMQ queue on the target machine and alerts if Any MessagesInQueue is > than 0. It works fine, however, I just created a copy of it that checks an OUTGOING queue on the target machine. This instance accurately returns the number of messages as the Reply, and it's definitely greater than 0 (upwards of 300) but the test is reporting Status Normal and not alerting. In RCC it shows Status Normal and Reply of 349. Is there some issue with checking outgoing queues?
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

"Normal" - custom status. This status is set if "Use Normal status if" option is enabled and provided expression resolves to True.
Please note, "Use Normal status if" option is located on Test properties dialog and can be hidden. You need to press [+] icon above "Help" button to show additional options on Test properties dialog.

Please check for details at:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... rmalstatus
BW1

Post by BW1 »

Thanks, that was the problem. Oddly enough, the test I copied and edited did not have that box checked.
KS-Soft Europe

Post by KS-Soft Europe »

Thanks, that was the problem.
You are welcome.
Oddly enough, the test I copied and edited did not have that box checked.
How exactly did you make test copy (copy single test item, copy folder with subfolders and test items, export/import from text file,...), using HostMonitor or RCC?
What about expression field? Was it empty?
We cannot reproduce such behavior.
What HostMonitor and RCC versions do you use?
Can you reproduce described behavior now?