Auto-save option in HostMonitor GUI and RCC

Need new test, action, option? Post request here.
PaulNZ

Auto-save option in HostMonitor GUI and RCC

Post by PaulNZ »

Hi Alex

Could you please consider adding an Auto-save option? When we were setting up our server, we encountered an error with a particular server we were trying to monitor which was causing HostMonitor to crash (APPCRASH). I'll log a ticket for that some time in the near future - too busy right now.

Having an auto-save would have saved us a few hours re-adding all the tests since the previous manual save.

Thanks in advance
Paul
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Could you please consider adding an Auto-save option? When we were setting up our server, we encountered an error with a particular server we were trying to monitor which was causing HostMonitor to crash (APPCRASH). I'll log a ticket for that some time in the near future - too busy right now
This is very serious problem. Please send details to support@ks-soft.net:
- HostMonitor version, Windows, Service Pack, antivirus monitor;
- Windows and Service Pack on remote system;
- are you using ODBC logging or ODBC Query tests?
- as I understand some specific test method caused crash? What exactly test method?
Having an auto-save would have saved us a few hours re-adding all the tests since the previous manual save.
Such option implemented at least 10 or probably 15 years ago.
Just click Options menu and on 1st page (Preferences) you will see autosave options

Regards
Alex
PaulNZ

Post by PaulNZ »

Ah, thanks again - again, totally didn't see that.

I really must learn to read :lol:

I will raise a ticket next week. The issue is totally reproducible for the problem server.