Stop RCC from running more than one instance

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
HakanH

Stop RCC from running more than one instance

Post by HakanH »

I look at RCC many times a day and I often end up with 3 or 4 instances running.

Are there any way to stop RCC from minimize to notification area and only minimize so that it's still seen on the task bar?

Or even better, stop RCC from running more than one instance and instead open the old instance when I click on the shortcut?

Hakan
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Are there any way to stop RCC from minimize to notification area and only minimize so that it's still seen on the task bar?
Options -> Preferences -> Icon in system tray -> uncheck
Or even better, stop RCC from running more than one instance and instead open the old instance when I click on the shortcut?
No such option. We think several instances is a good idea - you can login under different user accounts with different permissions and home folders, etc

Regards
Alex
HakanH

Post by HakanH »

I also think it's a good idea to be able to run several instances but most of the time I only want to run one.

Couldn't there be a checkbox "Run only one instance" under options in RCC so that each user can decide if and when they want to run one or many instances?

Regards
Hakan
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

You can limit # of RCC connections per user on HostMonitor side (menu User -> Operators)

Regards
Alex
HakanH

Post by HakanH »

Now I have set the limit and that solves my problem, I still think "Run only one instance" would be better but this is OK.

Thanks
HÃ¥kan