KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

HM Crashes when pressing save button.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msmith

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I first started testing HM, I had issues when I pressed the SAVE button on the options dialog, it would cause the program to hang.

I figured it was just because my test computer is a peice of junk. We bought HM, and I have a fresh install on our new HM server. I still lock up whenever I press SAVE on the options dialog.

Any suggestions?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What version of HostMonitor do you use? Could you send hostmon.ini file for testing?

Regards
Alex
msmith

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sent to line2@ks-soft.net

using version 3.68
msmith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

I think I figured it out.

I hit save in the options screen, and waited, and waited.. finally it saved.

What was causing the program to crash was pressing X after hitting save. It takes about 30-45 seconds to save for me. if I hit the X in that time, I crash.

question:
If I press save and immeaditly press X, the program crashes, yet all my changes are saved, if so, why does it take so long for it to finish saving if I wait it out.

I hope this helps you reproduce the error.

Mike
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, its not actually crashing. When you click X button system closes applications.
But 30-40 sec to apply settings its really strange. And you had the same problem with fresh installation. Right? Or problem appeared after some changes in settings?
We already tested HM using your hostmon.ini file, could not reproduce the problem. Could you send all configuration files (HML file with tests, all *.LST files)?

Regards
Alex
msmith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pressing the X on the Options dialog box, not HM itself.

Closing the options dialog box within the HM application closes the entire HM application. This DOES crash the program, I get a dialog box telling me that HM has stoped responding, I can send you a screenshot if you would like.

For security reasons, I'll likely not be able to send you my test list, but I'll ask my boss and get back to you.

Yes, this happens on 2 different computers, both with fresh install(test computer and the one that we will be using to run HM on permanitly), but they are using the same config files.

[ This Message was edited by: msmith on 2003-06-05 07:04 ]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>I'm pressing the X on the Options dialog box, not HM itself.

It doesn't matter if application busy and does not respond. Windows closes application anyway.
But I still don't have any idea why HM needs 30 sec to save options on your system. Are you sure you don't have installed some antivirus system that tries to monitor all file/registry activity?

Regards
Alex
msmith

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the antivirus, it's all disabled on both my test PC and my HM server. Your guess is as good as mine as to why it takes so long to save, but at least I can save.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: