KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Memory test

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wooltown

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi !

A nice feature would be the avialability to check how much memory is available, both physical and virtual, like WINMSD reports.

Another nice feature is to check the memory of a process, if it is looping and eating memory I would get a warning.

A "Wish forum" would be appriciated.
A forum for sharing Ideas on how to use this Excellent product could be an idea.

netw0rkgeek

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing to add to the wish list would be the ability to e-mail the current report at a certain time of the day. I have found no good way to look at remote site reports when you do not have access to the hard drive.

It would be nice to get a daily status report in e-mail if nothing else to know the program is still up and running on the remote site.
bcote

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also agree. This is an excellent product. While we're on the subject, two tests that would be helpful to us would be:

1) Directory file count that could notify us if a directory had over/under X number of files

2) Text file string search. We could be notified if a file contains a particular string.
gdvl

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

On 2002-05-29 06:20, bcote wrote:
I also agree. This is an excellent product. While we're on the subject, two tests that would be helpful to us would be:

1) Directory file count that could notify us
if a directory had over/under X number of files

I use an external VB script for a filecount:

CheckPath = Argument(0)
Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
Set Fldr = fso.Getfolder(CheckPath)
if err then 'path not found ?
wscript.quit(999999)
end if
Set MyFldr = Fldr.Files
wscript.quit(myfldr.count)

2) Text file string search. We could be notified if a file contains a particular string.

This test is available under test method "compare files" => Alert when file contains string.

Regards,
Gdvl
simonl

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

I would like to ask you to add some options also. It will be helpful if I can see not only "good" or "bad" and output also from ODBC Test on a report. For example if my ODBC test checked how many databases in sql server and return “20” or other output from any query. Thank you a lot for cooperation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, we have seleral topics here?

1) new forums.
As I understand we can split this forum like this:
- HostMonitor (wishes)
- HostMonitor (how to use)
- HostMonitor (problems)
- HostMonitor (other)
Does it have sense? I am afraid messages will be mixed.

2) Improvement of ODBC test.
Will be implemented in next version.

3) some new tests, reports.
It will be implemented after release. Release, I hope, will be available after 2-3 weeks (we don't have problem with program, we have problem with documentation).

Regards
Alex
Wooltown

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2002 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To split or not to split, that's the question !

- HostMonitor (wishes)
- HostMonitor (how to use)
- HostMonitor (problems)
- HostMonitor (other)

This might be a good idea, not to have everything in the same forum, when you post a topic, you choose one of the topics above and when you search, you can search in the appropriate subforum or in tha main forum

A list of upcoming features in the next releases would be nice to have, so we don't write about it.

/Sven
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2002 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, everyone like idea about 4 new groups? Or may be divide by another categories?

>A list of upcoming features in the next releases would be nice to have, so we don't write about it.

You are right, but huge "to do" list that I have is not a list of upcoming features. This list changes all the time. After release I will try to make more definite list.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: