KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

hangs when started as a service

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stladmin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

host monitor does not work when started as a service. in the services window (not the options within host monitor, the windows one) i have it set to automatically startup. this causes the computer to hang when anyone tries to login. if i set it to manual, then it works, and host monitor itself works fine. what should i do?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

H'm, interesting. What Windows do you use? What version of HM do you use?
Try to set "Startup delay" option to 1-2 min (option located on Service page in the Options dialog).

Regards
Alex
stladmin

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am useing windows 2000 server edition and hm v3.68. i tried setting the wait to 2, and it works, but the first time i tried it, it gave me an error saying that "one or more services have failed." i checked the event viewer and it said that Advanced Host Moniter hung on startup, even though it worked. it seems to run alright, but it cannot generate reports; it just gives an error.
simonl

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

I have similar problem. When I reboot my monitoring server I got system massage on screen and on event viewer "The Advanced Host Monitor service hung on starting." I enabled restart service if it's failed to start at first time but this is not an option.
I have windows 2000 server sp2 and Host monitor running as service version 3.69d.

Thank you for your advice.

[ This Message was edited by: simonl on 2003-06-27 07:26 ]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Marcus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See the following post: http://www.ks-soft.net/cgi-bin/phpBB/viewtopic.php?topic=731&forum=5

[ This Message was edited by: Marcus on 2003-06-27 09:52 ]
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: