KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

CentOS 6.5 rma-agent selinux avc

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arashidi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:04 am    Post subject: CentOS 6.5 rma-agent selinux avc Reply with quote

Hello,

I have couple of rma agents installed in my CentOS 6.5 hosts with Selinux enabled. These rma-agent is installed as requested by third party service provider.
Once in while rma-agent would stop working/not contactable by remote manager (?) and shifting through Selinux log i would find AVC errors such as these:

Code:
type=AVC msg=audit(1410854252.845:124562): avc:  denied  { write } for  pid=5832 comm="ping" path="/var/run/rma.pid" dev=dm-0 ino=1835104 scontext=unconfined_u:system_r:ping_t:s0 tcontext=unconfined_u:object_r:initrc_var_run_t:s0 tclass=file

Short of writing my own custom TE, is there a pre-made selinux policy file for rma-agent on linux?

Thank you for any reply.

Regards,
Arashidi
Code:
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday we tested RMA on CentOS using Permissive​ and Enforcing Selinux modes but we cannot reproduce such errors in the log.
What kind of tests and actions performed by this agent?

Quote:
Short of writing my own custom TE, is there a pre-made selinux policy file for rma-agent on linux?

No, and we never tried to make such file, will need to read manuals...

Regards
Alex
arashidi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,
Thanks for replying.
There are some kind of a set of tests it runs and being polled remotely and periodically. To be honest, this agent is installed into my systems on the request of a 3rd party vendor for a service we subscribe and frankly i don't have much detail what it does.

Quote:
No, and we never tried to make such file, will need to read manuals...

I was afraid you're going to say that. The vendor I'm working with has shown no real amount of interest to look into this avc or perhaps looking into this at a more leisurely pace.

I suppose I'll have to dig into audit logs and have a run with this. Time to go check up Dan Walsh excellent posts.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> RMA for UNIX All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: