KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

SNMP Trap Does Not Display

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RRing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: SNMP Trap Does Not Display Reply with quote

I have currently setup HostMonitor to receive traps via the Miscellaneous Tab-SNMP Trap Test- Receive traps on UDP port 161. I then added a SNMP trap test method that accepts traps from ANY-ANY-ANY-ANY on the trap filter and then display OID. after this, I am not able to see any items in the reply field of the test. all that is displayed is OK for the test status.
To verify the test is being received, I setup IPTools trap receiver which receives and shows and properly displays the Traps being sent to the Hostmonitor Server so not sure what is wrong in the Hostmonitor Configuration. Any Idea's what I am missing here? I have reviewed the manual and the forum with no luck
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only one SNMP Trap receiver can be started at the same time on same system. Please close all SNMP Trap receivers (Windows SNMP Trap service should be stopped as well), then start HostMonitor.
RRing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: SNMP Trap Receiver Verification Reply with quote

I verified the Windows Trap Receiver service was off and set to manual startup, Made sure IP-Tools Trap receiver was not running, then restarted HostMonitor. I am still unable to view any reply in the Trap Receiver test. I do not get any socket bind errors on hostmonitor startup, so still not sure why I do not see a displayed value when the trap is received?
Thanks
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check what application is using UDP port 162.
You may use the following command:
netstat -anb -p UDP
RRing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:48 pm    Post subject: SNMP Display Solved Reply with quote

We figured out there error after multiple test. The Trap filter good status was set to low, so it was immediatly setting the test to good after the trap was received.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: