KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Reports fron Log Analyzer only for same tests and time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikevirtu

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:22 am    Post subject: Reports fron Log Analyzer only for same tests and time Reply with quote

Hi! I need report like http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/examples/template.htm only for tests for RMA agent (i think by name agent) and only datetime for example 20140226 10:00 to 20140227 14:00.
Please help me.
Mike.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, there is no such option for file logs.
You may use Filter to check periods lile
2014/02/26 00:00 till 2014/02/27 00:00
or
2014/02/26 10:00-14:00 and 2014/02/27 10:00-14:00

If you are using ODBC logging, then you may apply custom filter when setup ODBC log record
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#odbcManager

Regards
Alex
Mikevirtu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Alex.
I'd created additional field in MS SQL DB table with name "agent" and write to it name agent. Сan I filter (with custom filter in ODBC settings) records by this field? Default fields in settings not containts this name.
Mikevirtu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikevirtu wrote:
Thank you, Alex.
I'd created additional field in MS SQL DB table with name "agent" and write to it name agent. Сan I filter (with custom filter in ODBC settings) records by this field? Default fields in settings not containts this name.

I'd tried it - it was worked. Thanks.
Best regards,
Mike.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use "Add custom filter" option.
Here you may provide additional filter that will be used in "where" part of the SQL statement, e.g. (agent='name of the agent')

Regards
Alex
Mikevirtu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Alex!
Can I schedule creating reports from Log Analyzer by agent? If not, How can I set those reports from HostMonitor?
I want put those reports in one directory and use Web server to demonstrate this reports.
And other questions:
- how many private log text file can I use? I set 20 private logs and I see - are working only 4-5.
- how can I Use private log and backup ODBC? Now I see - working backup ODBC only with turn on Use common log (in test's properties).
Regards,
Mike.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I schedule creating reports from Log Analyzer by agent? If not, How can I set those reports from HostMonitor?

- HostMonitor has built-in Scheduler (Options dialog -> Scheduler) so it may start Log Analyzer when you need
- Log Analyzer may execute script and create reports
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/la/index.htm#Scripts

I am not sure what means "agent" in your question. Remote Monitoring Agent started on remote system?

Quote:
I want put those reports in one directory and use Web server to demonstrate this reports

May be its better to use Views or Folders to group test items by agent and use standard Web interface? New version allows you to check performance/availability charts
http://ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/news.htm#v980

Quote:
how many private log text file can I use?

Each test may use its own private log. If you have 5000 test items, 5000 logs.

Quote:
I set 20 private logs and I see - are working only 4-5

Please provide details: HostMonitor, Windows, Service Pack. Please send screen shots with test settings and "quick log" results, log files to support@ks-soft.net

Quote:
how can I Use private log and backup ODBC? Now I see - working backup ODBC only with turn on Use common log (in test's properties).

Not sure I understand this question. Its 2 different, unrelated options.
Do you want to store test results in different databases (different database for each test item)?? I don't think this is good idea...

Regards
Alex
Mikevirtu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how can I Use private log and backup ODBC? Now I see - working backup ODBC only with turn on Use common log (in test's properties).

Not sure I understand this question. Its 2 different, unrelated options.
Do you want to store test results in different databases (different database for each test item)?? I don't think this is good idea...

Regards
Alex

Windows Server 2008R2 SP1, HM 9.58
I uncheck Use Common log (tests properties) and I check use private log and I set Options->Backup log -> Database....
I dont see Records in Database for this test.
I check Use Common log (tests properties) and I uncheck use private log and I set Options->Backup log -> Database....
I see Records in Database for this test.
Mikevirtu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DB - MS SQL Server 2008R2.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I uncheck Use Common log (tests properties) and I check use private log and I set Options->Backup log -> Database....

Of course you don't see any records - Private logging has nothing to do with Common logging.
As you may see you should provide file name for private logging. You cannot provide ODBC data source, just file name that you have to specify in Test Properties dialog, not in the Options dialog.

1) Could you please explain why do you want to use 100 databases for logging instead of single database?
2) If this is really necessary, you may use
a) use Common logging with single datasource but various tables - just specify table name in SQL query using some macro variable (e.g. %CommentLine1% and use test comment field to provide table name)
b) use "SQL Query" action assigned to the tests (instead of logging)

Regards
Alex
Mikevirtu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:

Of course you don't see any records - Private logging has nothing to do with Common logging.
As you may see you should provide file name for private logging. You cannot provide ODBC data source, just file name that you have to specify in Test Properties dialog, not in the Options dialog.

1) Could you please explain why do you want to use 100 databases for logging instead of single database?
2) If this is really necessary, you may use
a) use Common logging with single datasource but various tables - just specify table name in SQL query using some macro variable (e.g. %CommentLine1% and use test comment field to provide table name)
b) use "SQL Query" action assigned to the tests (instead of logging)

Regards
Alex

Alex, excuse me, may be I don't connect explained.
I not want 100 dadtabase.
Now I set Use common log on 60-70 tests. And in parallel I set Backup log in DB with ODBC. Only one DB and only one table.
That is working now.
If I want Use private log (with unchecked Use common log) record will write in private log and will not write in DB.
i.e. I want use private log (without write in common log) and Backup log in DB (same DB).
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRIVATE log - log file specified for some test item.
It has nothing to do with database, its not related to COMMON log.
--------
BACKUP log - emergency COMMON log, it has nothing to do with PRIVATE log.

"BACKUP" <> "PRIVATE" - different unrelated options.

Quote from the manual:
-----------------
You may specify Primay and Backup COMMON logs, so there are 2 identical sets of parameters located on 2 pages in the Options dialog:
- [Primary log]
- [Backup log]
For each log you may choose defferent log type (ODBC or File), file format (HTML, Text or DBF) and logging mode (Full, Brief, Midnight or Reply). E.g. you may use Full logging mode for primary ODBC log managed by your SQL server and use Brief logging mode for backup HTML log stored on local hard drive.
HostMonitor can switch from primary to backup log when necessary or use both logs at the same time. Also HostMonitor may execute specified alert profiles when primary or backup logs are not accessible.
----------------
Use private log
Additionally, for each test you can define its own, dedicated log file by checking the "Use private log" option. The type of a private log is determined based on the file extension: HTML for .htm*, DBF for .dbf, plain text for any other extension.

Quote:
If I want Use private log (with unchecked Use common log) record will write in private log and will not write in DB.

Of course - you disabled "Use common log" option

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: