KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Problem with scheduled SLA report

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peterjwest

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:20 am    Post subject: Problem with scheduled SLA report Reply with quote

Good morning,

I have a problem with a scheduled SLA Report and i'm hoping someone can assist in diagnosing what the issue is.

The report was working previously but is now behaving in a strange way. In our configuration we have a number of custom views which group tests together based on the system. It also uses the comment field to identify which tests should be included in the SLA Report.

The view itself looks fine with data being shown and the correct tests being displayed. In the Reports tab for the view we have the 'DBF report (full)' configured to run on a scheduled basis with a specific filename being given for each system report we're producing.

However, if we wait for the schedule to fire or use the 'generate reports now' button we find that all images associated with the report show the statistics as being all zero (alive, dead and uknown). The maximum, minimum and average also all show zero.

What i've found though is that if I close the view and just make sure it's selected before choosing 'Reports->DBF report (Full)' and then entering the correct filename then it works just perfectly.

I've tried all I can think of including recreating the view from scratch and also modifying the parameters of the view (to modify the included columns). It seems to matter not. It also looks like it's not just related to a single view.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Pete
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lets start from begining - what exactly software (version) do you use?
Looks like HostMonitor (not Log Analyzer) but there is something confusing. You said
- SLA Report
- In the Reports tab for the view we have the 'DBF report (full)
- we find that all images associated with the report show the statistics as being all zero

This sounds strange because DBF reports and SLA reports are very different; DBF reports cannot include any images.

May be you configured SLA report using strange name "DBF report (Full)"?
May we see report settings? You may send screenshot or RepPList.lst file to support@ks-soft.net

Regards
Alex
peterjwest

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

We're currently running v8.64.

It's quite possible a wrong name has been used - unfortunately I didn't make the configuration and the person who did left the Company about 10 months ago.

I'll e-mail the file over as requested.

Many thanks

Pete
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As we see everything works fine.

May be you do not see statistics for last month because you have disabled "Store historical data in the file" option (menu File -> Properties)?
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#testlist.htm#hmlproperties

But in such case "close the view" trick would not help

Quote:
What i've found though is that if I close the view and just make sure it's selected before choosing 'Reports->DBF report (Full)' and then entering the correct >filename then it works just perfectly.

What exactly means "close the view"? Do you close "Dynamic view properties" dialog, then open it again and "Click generate reports now" button?
So you open dialog, click "Click generate reports now" button and report shows empty statistics and empty charts?
Then you perform exactly the same steps (close, dialog, open dialog, generate reports) and everything looks fine?

What means "entering the correct filename"? Do you mean HostMonitor shows wrong filename when you open dialog and you have to correct filename everytime you open dialog?

May be you are running 2 instances of HostMonitor at the same time? How many hostmon.exe processes do you see?
Do you see any errors in system log file (specified on System Log page in HostMonitor Options dialog)?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: