KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Linked Tests and Agents

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sstimson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Linked Tests and Agents Reply with quote

I have a number of tests I want to run on various different servers such as checking the space on the C drive and that various Windows services are running. Ideally I'd like to setup a single test and then have linked tests running for each server. It looks like the linked tests use the same agent. I've got a default agent by Folder and setup the test to be use the Folder Specific Agent - but when I created the linked test in another folder with a different default agent - it still uses the original agent - not the one for that folder.

Is there a way of having a linked (or master test) so that I can create and manage from a single place?

Thanks,
Steve
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Links are used just to display one test item in different folders.
Please check for details:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#links
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may create "Template" test items by specifying Folder-specific RMA agent and using folder-related and user-defined macro variables as test parameters.
Please check for details at:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#tests.htm#templates

You may copy these "Template" test items into specified Folder using HostMonitor/RCC GUI, Telnet, or using HMS script commands like CopyTest, CopyAllTests etc.
Also, HMS command CopyIntoSelectedFolders can be used to copy specified test item into set of folders.
Please check for details at:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#actions.htm#actScript
sstimson

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been trying to create templates so I can just copy the tests from one server to another. The one problem I have is if I want to change the "template" test, it does not seem like there is an easy way to delete all of the tests so I can copy an updated template to that folder. I can sort everything in a view so I can get all the tests together - but there is no way to delete the tests from the view. Is there a way to be able to delete all tests based on the template (or better yet - overwrite a test when copying)?
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to modify several test items selected by View, you may use Export/Import from specially formatted text file:
1. Select View
2. Select some or all test item from selected View
3. Export these test items using menu File -> Export to Text file... (mark "Include folder information" option)
4. Modify exported file and specify ImportMode = Modify command at the beginning of text file.
5. Import modified Test items using menu File -> Import from Text file...

Please check sample import file with descriptions:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/examples/import1.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: