KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Modem not responding

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matt

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2002 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm testing HM 3.12 and am having problems trying to get it to send alpha pages via TAP, I have installed the modem and Windows see's it just find, it responds to queries, etc. I have setup a test job which is working fine, after 3 failures it trys to send a page and I get the following error "Error: Cannot send message to pager xxxxxxxxxx. Error Opening COM port - rc: 2 " Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please check your settings on Pagers page in the Options dialog? What is value for "Use device" parameter?
You can select "Auto select free TAPI device" option.

Regards
Alex
Matt

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried it with "Use Device" set to Auto select free TAPI device and set to teh actual modem "Sportster 28800-33600 External". This is the modem that we used with our old Host Monitor box. The machine that it is now running on is Windows 2000 Server SP2, with all MS's latest hotfixes.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some changes in the program, hope it will help resolve problem. Please follow these steps:
1) download and unzip patch http://www.ks-soft.net/download/hm313.zip
2) start HostMonitor and force it to send message to the pager. Error will be the same but 1st string in the log window will contain information that can help to fix problem. Please, send that string to our address line1@ks-soft.net.
3) quit HostMonitor and add 1 line into file hostmon.ini in section [Misc]
FixedPagingPort=ComPort
where ComPort is COM port used by your modem, e.g. FixedPagingPort=com4
I think it will resolve problem with opening com port. If HostMonitor will not be able to initialize modem, change init string from "AUTO" to something like "ATZ~"

Regards
Alex
KuoH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2002 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI: The FixedPagingPort option is set to COM4 in the default installation of 3.14 beta. I couldn't figure out why I kept getting the error until I saw this thread and found that it was set to COM4. I've never used HM before, so I know it wasn't left over from a previous version. You may want to comment it out in the release version.

KuoH
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right. Thank you for the tip. Its problem in setup, it was set by mistake. Will be fixed, I think version 3.16 will be re-uploaded in 10 min

Regards
Alex
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a conclusion. If someone has problem with sending message to pager/beeper and program displays "Error Opening COM port - rc: 2", please, remove "FixedPagingPort=COM4" line from the hostmon.ini file.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: