Non-Perfmon/SMB metrics testing

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
mackdav

Non-Perfmon/SMB metrics testing

Post by mackdav »

I'd really like to avoid having to use AD usernames and passwords to collect performance information like disk space free and CPU usage. However, to monitor disk free space through SNMP one has to query multiple parts of the MIB and do math (what size is the allocation unit, how many total allocation units, how many used allocation units, free disk space = (total - used) * size, threshold is some size) and I don't see how I can have Hostmon do multiple queries and do math to figure this out.

(The reason why I want to do it this way is that some system operators are reluctant to provide me with credentials I can use.)
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Quote from the manual
------------------
Starting from version 9.18 HostMonitor allows you to use expressions like
TotalTraffic1 = [1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.1] + [1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.1]
In such case HostMonitor will retrieve 2 counters (1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.1 - total number of octets received on interface #1; 1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.1 - total number of octets transmitted out of interface #1) calculate sum of these counters and check result.
When you are using this expression, %MIBNAME%, %MIBNAMESHORT% and %PATH% variables will be set to TotalTraffic1 (name of the variable specified in this expression); while %OBJECT% variable will be set to [1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.10.1] + [1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16.1]
------------------
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mfra ... tm#chkSNMP

Regards
Alex