KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

The search option of HostMonitor

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
promailer

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: The search option of HostMonitor Reply with quote

Hello, guys. I wanna ask something, why the program can't seems to find the IP(filed in the Address bar) when i use the Search>Find option? It can only search by Test name it seems. Can this be changed? And why its case sensitive can the search of the program be able to search even if its writen "Word" and i search for "word"? Thank you.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello, guys. I wanna ask something, why the program can't seems to find the IP(filed in the Address bar) when i use the Search>Find option? It can only search by Test name it seems.

It searches within selected/visible fields.

Quote:
And why its case sensitive can the search of the program be able to search even if its writen "Word" and i search for "word"?

Probably because you marked "Match case" option?

Regards
Alex
promailer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:
Hello, guys. I wanna ask something, why the program can't seems to find the IP(filed in the Address bar) when i use the Search>Find option? It can only search by Test name it seems.

It searches within selected/visible fields.

Quote:
And why its case sensitive can the search of the program be able to search even if its writen "Word" and i search for "word"?

Probably because you marked "Match case" option?

Regards
Alex

Hello, so the Address bar isn't visible/selected field? How to make it visible so the search option can search by IP also? And nope with "Match case" marked or unmarked the problem is still available.
P.S. Is it something i need to edit from hostmon.ini to make the address field that contains the IP address searchable?
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hello, so the Address bar isn't visible/selected field? How to make it visible so the search option can search by IP also?

You can add %hostaddr% variable into comment field and make comment field visible using menu User->GUI Preferences.

Quote:
And nope with "Match case" marked or unmarked the problem is still available.

What software do you use? RCC? HostMonitor? Version? Windows? Service Pack?

Regards
Alex
promailer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KS-Soft wrote:
Quote:
Hello, so the Address bar isn't visible/selected field? How to make it visible so the search option can search by IP also?

You can add %hostaddr% variable into comment field and make comment field visible using menu User->GUI Preferences.

Quote:
And nope with "Match case" marked or unmarked the problem is still available.

What software do you use? RCC? HostMonitor? Version? Windows? Service Pack?

Regards
Alex

Well this way using your suggestion the search option is only half working. If I'm browsing other folder and want to search the IP(Sadly its the CommentLine1,2,3 etc) i get "Could not find "xx.xx.xx.xx(the IP)" Extend the search into other folders?" I click Yes and get error "Could not find xx.xx.xx.xx(the IP). But if i mark the Root and then search by IP its working without problem. And by the way i don't see a option to make the address field visible in the User->GUI Preferences.

2. Currently testing HostMonitor 8.54 under Windows Xp Pro Sp3.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Well this way using your suggestion the search option is only half working. If I'm browsing other folder and want to search the IP(Sadly its the CommentLine1,2,3 etc) i get "Could not find "xx.xx.xx.xx(the IP)" Extend the search into other folders?" I click Yes and get error "Could not find xx.xx.xx.xx(the IP). But if i mark the Root and then search by IP its working without problem.

This is corret behavior. This function searches text within visible tests/visible fields.
If you need option to scan all test properties within entire test list, then we need to add new option/function into software...

Quote:
And by the way i don't see a option to make the address field visible in the User->GUI Preferences

There is no such option.

Quote:
Currently testing HostMonitor 8.54 under Windows Xp Pro Sp3.

We tested HostMonitor 8.54 onr Windows XP Pro SP3, "match case" option works correctly.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: