KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

macro variable %FullPath% to generate filename for reports

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:55 am    Post subject: macro variable %FullPath% to generate filename for reports Reply with quote

Hi Aleks,

I would automatically like to generate of SLA report with charts.
In addition I would like to deposit in the Root folder the report presentation template and the path of the file generation. Then in the unterfolders a report should be provided in each case. In addition I needs the macro variable %FullPath% to let form the file name automatically.

Is this possible?

I have tried date macros and this works...

Kind regards
Enrico
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would automatically like to generate of SLA report with charts.

I do not see any problems here, you may generate any type of report on regular basis using global options or per-folder options.

Quote:
In addition I would like to deposit in the Root folder the report presentation template and the path of the file generation. Then in the unterfolders a report should be provided in each case. In addition I needs the macro variable %FullPath% to let form the file name automatically

There is no such option and truth to say I do not see how it can provide much help If you want to setup reports on per-folder basis, you need to configure report related settings for this folder anyway, so you may specify path to the folder at the same time.
Unless.. do you need this option for faster "folder copying" procedure?

Regards
Alex
rc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Aleks,

I try to describe it more accurate:

I want to set in root folder in tab "Reports" one report profile and under "Generate to file" this path:
P:\HostMonitor5\Public\%FullPath%\chart.htm

In addition I need new option: "Generate separate reports for subfolders" because now all tests are reported in one file

If this should work, every subfolder with setting "Use inheritable settings from parent" use the path setting automatically.

So I get in output many reports in discrete folders which I can show directly in web console via function "Related URL" for every test.

Or see you another possibility to generate many reports automatically in discrete folders without complexity in setting the path to report file - for instance via HMS script?

I only want to set the settings for one root folder and use "subfolder = yes" but discrete reports for every subfolder

Thanks in advance

Enrico
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need reports for each folder but each report should not include subfolders? H'm... we though normally customers need reports just for some top level folders (e.g. departments) and normally reports should include subfolders. In case of some exceptions its easy to setup additional reports for subfolders or exclude subfolders.

Yes, its possible to generate reports using HM Script but you need to specify "parent" folder anyway (check CreateReport command)

Regards
Alex
rc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alex,

ok what I really want is the feature "history charts" available in RCC also in web console. As workaround I had the idea to generate one SLA report with charts per folder so I can link this report in each test of the same folder.

In the moment I don't see an easy chance to realize this because we have over 700 folders with frequently changes.

I hope you understand my wish now

Thanks in advance

Enrico
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So actually task sounds like - Web Service should display charts?
We have such task in the list, medium priority...

Regards
Alex
xcentric

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: