KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Include Extra RCI License for Local Host

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hauf9301

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:33 am    Post subject: Include Extra RCI License for Local Host Reply with quote

I just migrated our host monitor from Server 2003 to Server 2008 R2. After doing so I realized HostMonitor cannot interact with the desktop so we must manage it from our RCI machine. On Server 2003 when we started the application mode, Watch Dog would panic for a second while the service was stopped and the application is started. We would then have to clear the error on our RCI machine running Watch Dog.

To alleviate some of these difficulty's I suggest no licensing penalty's for running RCI on the same machine as the HostMonitor server service, at the very least for enterprise customers. This would not effect the need for additional RCI licenses since your using it on the same machine as your server.
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:45 am    Post subject: Include Extra RCI License for Local Host Reply with quote

Since version 9.00 Beta, HostMonitor allows one local RCC connection regardless of your license type.
Quote from "What's New":
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#news.htm#v900_other
Quote:
HostMonitor started on Windows Vista+ allows 1 additional LOCAL RCC connection regardless of your license type and number of additional RCC licenses
hauf9301

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! You rock!

I did not see that, thank you very much.
KS-Soft Europe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: