KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Use macros to create folders and files

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xcentric

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Use macros to create folders and files Reply with quote

If you want to email reports to different clients you need to create an action profile for each client then assign an email action with an attached report specific to that client. You could end up with TONS of action profiles.

I can think of a way to use a single dynamic action profile for ALL clients by allowing macros to dynamically create a folder and file name.

For instance, I use %FCommentLine1% for the company name.

With this macro I could tell a report to use the value to first create a folder then create a file. I could use this same piece of code in the reports tab for every client folder.

Code:
c:\Program Files (x86)\HostMonitor8\Reports\%FCommentLine1%\%FCommentLine1% - Monthly Statistics.htm

Now that the report has been created, I can create a single action profile and use the same code again to fetch and send the report to all clients that have a report configured.

For report creation I did try this using the code above but received an error.

Again if there is a way I am not aware of please enlighten me.

Regards
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where do you want to use these variables
"Generate reports" action does not allow any variables because you just select TestList folder used for the action. While reports list specified in Folder Properties dialog...

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Wish list All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: