RMA: 600 When using External test

When you post information about some problem, please include the following details: - OS version (e.g. Windows 2000 Professional SP3); HostMonitor version; problem description.
xcentric

RMA: 600 When using External test

Post by xcentric »

HM v8.87 and Agent v4.15

I am attempting to add an External test. The agent runs as LocalSystem service.

First, I enabled the agent for test type "External" and test action "Execute external command". I have tried both from the RMA manager and at the agent itself.

Next I use the RMA manager and reload the agent settings to make sure HM can recognize the changes I made to the agent.

When I am configuring the test and selecting the remote file to execute I cannot browse the remote file system. I get RMA: 600 Operation not allowed. The agent selected is the one I configured and I selected External test.

To track down which test needed to be enabled for me to browse the remote file system was "Folder size". Whaaa? Thats not right?

It seems whatever permission "Folder size" uses to browse the remote file system is not being applied when you select the "Externa" test. Any ideas?

Regards
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

As usually I do not see any bug :)

"External" test (and permission) allows you to execute command if you know what exactly command do you need. Type the command and it will be executed.

If you want to use agent to browse file system, you should enable at least one of the following options:
- Folder/File size
- Count files
- File/Folder Availability
- File Integrity
- Compare Files
- Text Log

Regards
Alex
xcentric

Post by xcentric »

Exactly.

Once again your logic gets in the way of my intuition. :D