WMI Check for stopped services has stopped working

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
meppyman

WMI Check for stopped services has stopped working

Post by meppyman »

I have been monitoring services on remote systems using WMI to check if any atuostart services have stopped. I have just noticed that these tests have stopped working at some point (but were set to be OK if unavailable for some reason).

I use the following line:

SELECT Name FROM Win32_Service WHERE (Started=0) AND (StartMode='Auto') AND (NAME<>'SysmonLog')

And check if the row count is greater than 0. This has worked perfectly for over a year, not sure why it's not working now?

Any ideas? These are all remote active agents and all other non WMI tests seem ok.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Could you please explain what exactly means "stopped working"? What is test status? Reply field of the test?
Do you mean test performed by Active RMA? What version? Windows version? Service pack?

Regards
Alex
meppyman

Post by meppyman »

Status is unknown, nothing gets returned. Previously you would get a number of stopped services.

HostMonitor is running on Windows SBS 2008 R2 up to date.

Agents are running on SBS 2003 mostly and are all latest SP about a month behind latest MS patches.

HM 8.68
Agents: 4.08
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

Nothing in Reply field? If there is some WMI related error, HostMonitor displays error description in this field.
Have you tried WMI Explorer to execute this query (on the same system where RMA is running)?

Also, are you sure test does not work?
If there are no such stopped services, HostMonitor will set status specified for "if instance not available set ..." option and set empty Reply. So if you selected "Unknown" status for this option, Unknown status and empty reply means everything works just fine.

Regards
Alex