KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

bug in script call

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
agressiv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to call a network resource within a vbscript. I am running hostmonitor as a service, which runs under the system context, but I have configured hostmonitor in Options->Startup->Service to use a domain admin account. Everything else works fine. (disk checks, UNC path stuff etc)

If I launch the app from Explorer, it works fine, since the logged on user has rights. It's ONLY when I launch it as a service that the external scripts are not running with a priveleged account, but all other functions ARE running with a priveleged account.

Greg

[ This Message was edited by: agressiv on 2003-03-11 15:07 ]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After investigation I can say that HostMonitor starts thread that correctly impersonates specified user. Problem is scripting engine starts another thread to process the script and this thread inherits application's permissions. We will try to find some workaround, but probably the only possible solution is to start service using another account (defined by standard Services utility).

Regards
Alex
agressiv

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can set the service itself to start as a Domain Admin, but I thought you said that wouldn't work?

Addition: Yep, no tray icon, so we wouldn't be able to modify anything.

[ This Message was edited by: agressiv on 2003-03-11 20:06 ]
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it should work
agressiv

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said, we wouldn't get the tray icon if we ran the service with Domain Admin, so we'd be better off running it as a console app, but I'm not too key on that.

If you find another workaround, let me know.

Thanks -
Greg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: