KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Outlook Web Access test

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ckratsch

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject: Outlook Web Access test Reply with quote

Our environment has Exchange 2007 front end, Exchange 2003 back end. I've been able to use the URL test to check the Outlook Web Access logon page. Is there any way to have a Host Monitor test log on to a mailbox via OWA? (Keeping in mind that this is using the Exch 2007 forms based authentication.)
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure is this possible to check using URL test (need to check html code used by OWA)...

I think you may use Shell Script test method and powershell script.
Microsoft Test-OwaConnectivity cmdlet can verify that Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access is running as expected
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997682%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx

Regards
Alex
ckratsch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If our back end was Exch 2007 or 2010, that would probably work, but I'm finding that the test-owaconnectivity cmdlet isn't working with the Exch 2003 back end. (I know that's outside your area, just figured I'd mention it for the sake of future readers.)
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can use URL and HTTP test methods with simple Basic/NTLM authentication for Exchange 2003
(using URL like http://hostname/exchange/accountname/Inbox/)

Regards
Alex
ckratsch

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what works for me:

Since we're not using SSL on the back end (it's not visible to the internet except through the front end, which is SSL), I can use the HTTP test for that.

I'm using an HTTP GET test against http://server/exchange/accountname/inbox and using authentication. I tried using DOMAIN\username, but it didn't like that; just username works. Made sure 'Follow redirect' was checked, else it would fail.

This isn't perfectly ideal - I'd much rather be able to test through the front end to a mailbox - but it's good enough for our environment.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: