KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

test if a file exists in remote machine

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doniphon

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:52 am    Post subject: test if a file exists in remote machine Reply with quote

How can i test if a file exists in a remote machine without use hostmonitor agent in thath remote machine, that is to say, only using the hostmonitor console? It's possible? How can i reference the remote machine in the "test properties" page?
Many thanks in advance.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then you should provide access to the file using any standard network protocol, e.g. Microsoft network client, HTTP.

>How can i reference the remote machine in the "test properties" page?

It depends on what method have you used to provide access to the file.
If you are using Microsoft network client, then setup "File/Folder Availability" test and specify UNC path to the file, e.g. \\server\resource\file
If you want to access file using HTTP protocol, setup URL or HTTP test method and provide URL

Regards
Alex
doniphon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: the same test result for file exists or doesn't Reply with quote

Ok, I use the UNC "\\remoteserver\folder\file" but when in the test page of properties I choose "file exists", it exists or don't exist the file, the test result is the same one. Equally it does happen when I choose "file doesn't exist". Why?
Thanks again.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
the test result is the same one

What exactly means "the same one"? Bad? Ok? Unknown? some other?

Regards
Alex
doniphon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:32 am    Post subject: means "OK" Reply with quote

Sorry, i means "Ok"
Regards
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, Ok status for "File/Folder Availability" test with "Alert when file exists" means HostMonitor is able to access specified resource on target system but there is no such file.
Then if you change option to "Alert when file doesn't exist", HostMonitor will set "Bad" status.

It cannot show Ok status in both cases. Unless you setup test to check age of the file as well.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: