KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Program unexpectedly quits
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rob_nich

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait any longer for a fix on this.
I'm giving up. I've ordered another motherboard in hopes the same trouble won't occur with different hardware.

Wish me luck!!

Thanks for your work on this trouble so far, and for your work on Hostmon. It's a great program.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2002 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2002 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI... I have been running Host Monitor 3.14 (registered version) since 5/21/2002 without any problems. It runs 24/7 without failing. I have both pcAnywhere & Norton AntiVirus running on the same Windows NT 4.0 server.
rob_nich

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKAY NOW.

I've build a new computer with a more recent motherboard.

Hostmonitor runs consistently and doesn't stop by itself.

Now I have a spare computer (old one).
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2002 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news! What motherboard you used before?
rob_nich

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2002 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I was using a 1995 Micronics Twister ATX motherboard. On this motherboard Hostmon would quite with the error from time to time.

I also have another computer with an even older Pentuim 200 Micronics motherboard, on which Hostmon runs just fine.

So, you're right, it seems to be a problem only on certain hardware.
gdvl

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2002 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex,

Yesterday, I installed HM on other hardware (Compaq Deskpro PIII, 600 Mhz, 128 Mb Ram).
It's a clean system with just W2K/SP2 installed, thus no NAV etc.
HM quits again this night at 02:20. (with the same error)
Is it possible to have a temporary version that logs all the activity of HM, so we can check what's wrong ?

Regards,
Gdvl
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, not again I was ready to release..
I am not sure advanced logging can help in this situation. I checked dr. watson logs from several systems, in all cases exceptions appear in system code.
But some chances we have. So, I made version of HostMonitor with debug information and sent download link to your e-mail address. If problem happen again, please, send dr watson log to our address line1@ks-soft.net

Regards
Alex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2002 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have looked throught your dialog about this problem that Hostmonitor quit without any reasons. I have experienced the same problem myself but I dont get any drwatson message, its just like the program just has stopped suddenly.
I am currently have version 3.12 installed but have now got my license key and is going to install 3.18.
My PC i use now is IBM PC 300GL model 6275-660 (you can check at IBM webpage for hardware info) with w2k professional as OS.
But the last two weeks is has not gone down, like it did before about once a week.
I will now install the new version on another IBM model with w2k advanced server OS.
I will get back to you how the program is working then.

Thanks for a great program!!! It is the best I have seen on the market for this price, real nice to see that even smaller companies can have a monitorprogram on there budgets.

Regards

Tomas

lhk69

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2002 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I finally believe I have resoved my situation.

I installed it on another server (a DELL, running WIN2k) and I had EXACTLY the same results. I then installed it on one of my IBM servers running WIN2000 server PRO and WHAM!!! The program NEVER quits. Also, I am running as a service. Not sure if it was the SERVER operating system or the "running as service". But, at this point, I dont care. Its working. Just wanted to let everyone know what worked for me.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2002 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi like described in all the posts above.

Same situation:
The software is running on Win2000 Pro SP2 Germany on an dual Pentium 1700 Mhz IBM Intellistation M Pro (type 6850-22G), HM is Version 3.22, not running as service.
Additional Software like NAV is not installed on the system. The problem started to occur after i removed a Test, that was a mastertest to other tests. As i wanted to modify the other tests to not longer use the first test as mastertest HM quits. And from that point it quits from time to time.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2002 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

H'm, I thought problem with master/dependant tests was fixed long time ago. Ok, we will check it again.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: