KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

RMA concept...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pgobat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: RMA concept... Reply with quote

Hello everybody,
Maybe i am out of order but i have sometihing with RMA which i don't understand....

I have my Hostmonitor server (W2003) in a domain and a remote computer in a DMZ ( W2008 in a workgroup ) with a firewall

I installed RMA for windows on the W2008 server as a service with an administrator account launching it

i have the ports needed opened in the firewall.

at the beginning everything was working fine but actually i receive such error messages
RMA 301 : Cannot connect to remote Registry. Code #5 (CPU usage)
RMA301: - Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password..

I thought that all the tests were executed by the RMA under the administrator account launching the service... is it wrong ?

Thank you for your help and explanation

Best regards
Philippe
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, account you have specified for service itself is just account for this process (rma.exe). When HostMonitor or RMA should check some remote system (not system where RMA is running), you should provide account for network connection.
You may use "Connect as" test property to provide account for some specific test item and use Connection Manager to specify account for group of tests.
Please check the manual or visit our web site for details:
http://www.ks-soft.net/hostmon.eng/mframe.htm#profiles.htm#conmgr

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: