KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Long path name problem on file check

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guygg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:31 pm    Post subject: Long path name problem on file check Reply with quote

Using 8.54 version, have a problem with the file existence check. When I browse to the target, which is a UNC path to a different server, and select the file, it puts quotes around the path/file name. But when I save the test, it will fail. If I go back in and edit the test again, those quotes around the path are no longer there. In the case I was trying, I tried putting in a %20 where there was a space in the path ("Program Files" folder in this case), which worked. So I guess that confirms that the quotes need to be around it, like the browse option initially puts in when creating the test. I'm assuming those quotes should be sticking, but aren't. For now, the %20 option is working, but it would be nifty to have it properly work with LFN paths/files without having to sub in the %20 for spaces.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's strange. %20 instead of space character should not work while quotation marks should not be a problem because HostMonitor removes quotes when sends request to Windows API.

What Windows do you use on local and remote system? Service Pack?
Test is performed by HostMonitor directly or you are using RMA?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Bug reports All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: