KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Send Data to a Remote HostMonitor System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RRing

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:22 am    Post subject: Send Data to a Remote HostMonitor System Reply with quote

Due to privacy concerns we are required to Setup individual instances of HostMonitor in different countries. We still require a single view of all systems into a central HostMonitor. We would like to send back all errors from remote systems when failures occur using an Action Profile. I have setup and tested this with an SNMP Trap, but would like to send and receive the remote failures in the format of %TestName%-%Status%-%Reply%. I have tried doing this with an SNMP trap and cannot get the correct format. I have also tried doing with a Send data to TCP/UDP port, but this does not seem to send correctly by this test. Could you please assist with a test or setup which allows other HostMonitor Systems to send failures listed in action profiles back to a main system?Again, we cannot use remote agents in these locations and must have standalone instances of HostMonitor.

Thanks
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to send test results from one HostMonitor to another and display correct test status, reply and other parameters, I am afraid this is impossible. You may use SNMP Trap messages to force some tests to change status from Ok to Bad and display Reply values. But some tests may report Unknown or Unknown host statuses, some tests may have Paused, OutOfSchedule or Disabled statuses. You cannot synchronize such items between different instances of HostMonitor.
Probably you can store tests results from all HostMonitors into single database?

I think we may implement such "clastering monitoring" in version 9 of HostMonitor...

Why you cannot use RMA? RMA does not send to HostMonitor contents of the files or other private information. It sends test results just like you need.
Yes, it may send value of single field (when you use ODBC Query test) or description of Event Log record (when you use NT Event Log test) but such information is encrypted.

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: