Performance Data for this Service not Available

General chat about HostMonitor (all messages posted before March 07, 2003 available here).
blockamy

Post by blockamy »

I am doing a 'check process (for Windows NT/2000/XP only)' test method from HostMonitor running on a Windows 2000 server checking to see if the process is running on a WindowsNT server. I get a good response back to host monitor if the process is running (and a bad response if the process is not running). However, every time I check the process, I get the following two events in the NT server's event log:
"Unable to open mapped file containing APC driver performance data"
and
"The Open Procedure for service 'UPS' in DLL 'apcctrs.dll' failed. Performance data for this service will not be available. Status code returned is DWORD 0."
I have granted 'full control' to the NT domain userid I use in the 'contact as' box in the host monitor test definition to the Perflib registry key referred to in several of your messages about performance counters. I even granted that 'full control' to Everyone. I also granted the same permissions to apcctrs.dll.
I still have the problem.

Can you help me? This is a nuisance.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

I don't think this problem related to permissions. It looks like APC PowerChute
Plus software (Google says apcctrs.dll belongs to PowerChute
Plus: http://groups.google.ca/groups?hl=en&lr ... rs.dll%27+) has installed some performance counters but it doesn't work correctly.
Do you have APC PowerChute installed on NT system? Probably developer of that software described solution in documentation?

Regards
Alex
blockamy

Post by blockamy »

thanks