KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

Running very slow
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you please send your configuration files to us (support@ks-soft.net)?
We need HML file with tests, all *.LST and *.INI files

Quote:
Also, when I delete a root folder containing alot of sub-folders a warning popup starts apearing every second saying "folder not found!".

HostMonitor does not allow to remove Root folder. How you did this?

Regards
Alex
grussell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didn't mean the folder called "root" but the parent folder containing many tests.

I'll zip up the files and send asap.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot say we completely reproduced the problem - HostMonitor never used over 8% of CPU on our systems (with your configuration files of course).
However its still too much for disabled tests. So we optimized some code and now it should work faster and use less CPU time. On our system it uses 0.8% CPU in average.
We sent you link to updated files by e-mail

Regards
Alex
grussell

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is certainly a lot better, thanks.

I does shoot up to a high CPU every 5 seconds or so (not entirely certain what it's doing?).

Is there a logging function which would enable me to see what test its on (or other function) to determine what could be contributing to the CPU spikes. I worry because we are only running about 100 tests at present and this machine needs to be able to scale to well over 20,000. It's a quad core, high-end server; one of the fastest available.

I also notice the screen refresh as you scroll up and down the tree view is quite sluggish (it has about 10,000 objects currently) - I don't know whether it continually enumerates the .HML file?

Thanks again guys for looking into this.

Gavin.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I does shoot up to a high CPU every 5 seconds or so (not entirely certain what it's doing?).

How exactly high? On our system HostMontor uses 0.8% CPU in average. Sometimes up to 8% but most of time <1%

Quote:
Is there a logging function which would enable me to see what test its on (or other function) to determine what could be contributing to the CPU spikes.

Its not about tests only. You have about 1500 folders. HostMonitor should check folder settings and generate reports and/or reset statistics when necessary.

Quote:
I worry because we are only running about 100 tests at present and this machine needs to be able to scale to well over 20,000. It's a quad core, high-end server; one of the fastest available.

Then I think you may enable all you tests and see how it works.

Quote:
I also notice the screen refresh as you scroll up and down the tree view is quite sluggish (it has about 10,000 objects currently)

You have 10,000 folder now?? Yeah, then it will be slow... Do you really need so many folders?

Regards
Alex
Post new topic   Reply to topic    KS-Soft Forum Index -> Configuration, Maintenance, Troubleshooting All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: