KS-Soft. Network Management Solutions
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister    ProfileProfile    Log inLog in 

HostMonitor Service

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThijsKuperus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

for some reason I can't seem to get the service working. The service starts correctly, I get no messages in the system log, no messages in the event log. I am not getting an Icon in the system tray either.

What I do know, however, is that the service will not mail when a server is down. If I start the hostmonitor GUI, everything seems to work fine. Except, I don't want to use the gui all the time.

I don't see whether the GUI connects to the service either. To me it looks like the gui runs stand-alone.

I checked under which account the service starts (it's local system account). This is also under the option page the case.

I would appreciate some help!!

Thijs

BTW - the software IS registered
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>The service starts correctly, I get no messages in the system log, no messages in the event log.

Do you mean there are no error messages in the logs? Ot there are no messages at all? If you don't see any messages from HostMonitor (even "Monitor started"), it means HostMonitor doesn't do anything. Could you please check "start/stop" option on Startup page in the Option dialog?

>I am not getting an Icon in the system tray either.

Please check settings of the service using standard Services application. It should be "local system" account and "allow service to interact with desktop" options.
BTW Do you use Terminal Service to setup HostMonitor?

Regards
Alex
ThijsKuperus

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, I do use Terminal Services. I allready figured that was the problem. Anyway, i do get a start/stop message in the log file.
KS-Soft

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you don't see icon because service works with local desktop. You see start/stop message, it means HostMonitor works. Problem is "that the service will not mail when a server is down". Probably HM service doesn't know server is down. What test do you use to check server? Have you specified user account that has necessary permissions on Service page in the Options dialog? Could you log in to console where HM service is running locally (without Terminal Service) and check status of the tests? If you must use Terminal Service, check HostMonitor's log file: do you see record about changing status of the server.

Regards
Alex
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    KS-Soft Forum Index -> HostMonitor All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: