RMA sending alerts

All questions related to installations, configurations and maintenance of Advanced Host Monitor (including additional tools such as RMA for Windows, RMA Manager, Web Servie, RCC).
Nic

RMA sending alerts

Post by Nic »

I've researched the website and forum and think I know the answer to this, but if I have HostMonitor installed on a server, monitoring a network, but need another server outside of the network, monitoring access to various IPs specifically from outside, can the RMA perform that function?

I think the answer to that is yes, but from an alerting point of view, it won't do what I need it to do.

I need to be sent an alert if connectivity to a network is lost, which necessitates monitoring it externally, and also sending the alerts externally.

I take it the RMA doesn't do any sending of alerts at all?

If that is the case, I assume I would need a second copy of HostMonitor on the external server.
KS-Soft

Post by KS-Soft »

So you want to install HostMonitor in networkA and check connection to networkB. If connection from networkA to networkB is lost, you want to start some actions AND these action should be executed on some system located in networkB?
Then you need to install HostMonitor in networkB. RMA does not start actions without command from HostMonitor.

Regards
Alex
Nic

Post by Nic »

Thanks, yes it's two separate networks. I have installed a trial copy of Host Monitor onto the second network to test it out and its doing what I need it to do, so after the trial we'll purchase another licence specifically for it.

Cheers
Nic